Those Magic NYE Times Square Moments
Published on November 19, 2012 by Carolina Galli
There are few places in the world that match the New Year’s Eve celebration in New York for a seamless mix of tradition and modernity.
Let the celebrations begin!
For over 100 years, an obsessive love for the beginning of the end has kept NYE celebrations in Times Square firmly on the world’s top annual party calendar. The city, just a little (or a lot) crazier than usual, buzzes with love, excitement, and anticipation for what’s to come.
Every year hundreds of thousands of New Year’s Eve fanatics congregate in Times Square to celebrate the party from the perfect spot, make the perfect memory and start the new year with a BANG! Some even camp out 24 hours before!
Will you dare to be one of those crazed NYE fanatics pitching camp in Times Square on 31st December 2012? Don’t say you haven’t been warned if you arrive at 8pm only to find that you have to stand miles away from the celebration.
Traditional Sequence of Events
- At 3:00 PM, the roads are closed and the excitement really begins to rise
- At 6:00 PM, the ball is lit and raised high into the air
- Around 6:30 PM, the Times Square Alliance hands out celebratory balloons, hats and scarves for free
- At 7:00 PM, the hourly countdown begins
- At 11:59 PM on the dot, The Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball starts its descent and then…
- BANG! Times Square EXPLODES as the confetti is released, the music plays, and the champagne flows. It’s pyrotechnic party madness, baby!
Getting your New Year’s Eve Magic Juuuust Right
New Year’s Eve is always the biggest celebration of the year, so prepare for the party well in advance and make sure you choose your ticket wisely! Select from the very best 2012/2013 NYE Times Square Tickets available by following the suggestions shared by the myZone nightlife industry peeps in-the-know.