Arts and Letters Club, The
Arts and Letters Club
The Arts and Letters Club of Toronto was formed in 1908. Located at 14 Elm Street in downtown Toronto, Ontario, it is a meeting place for professionals in the arts, and for those men and women in whose lives the arts play an absorbing role.
The vital function of the Club is to provide a milieu for the free and vigorous interchange of ideas and opinions, where good conversation and the companionship of kindred spirits are the principal bill of fare. Neither a symbol of social status nor a marketplace for business, The Arts and Letters Club offers its members a retreat from the pressures of everyday life, in a democracy of creative minds.
Adjoining the Great Hall is a well-stocked bar and a comfortable lounge/reading room for pre- and post-prandial relaxation. The LAMPS room across the hall is used for luncheons and meetings, The Boardroom, Library and Administrative offices are located on the second floor. The third floor is the site of the Artists' Studio.