Boston Opera House
Boston Opera House The history of the Opera House begins with its original incarnation, built on Huntington Avenue in 1901. The venue was a popular spot for local and traveling opera troupes. Unfortunately, the building fell into disrepair in the time between the Great Depression and World War II. It was eventually demolished; a Northeastern dormitory building sits where the old Opera House formerly did. The current Opera House was originally the B.F. Keith theater, host to films and vaudeville shows. After a flood destroyed nearly everything contained in the venue in 1991, interest in restoring the original opulence of the Opera House grew. The mayor, along with local politicians and the Clear Channel corporation, decided on a 30 million dollar renovation project. Today the revamped Opera House regularly hosts big-name artists and stage shows in front of sold out audiences. Boston Opera House.com is a resource for information about the Opera House past and present, as well as a place to find tickets to every event hosted therein. This site is not associated with the venue or the box office.