“At ELEMENTS, THE LOUNGE there is no big restaurant, no packed bar, no earsplitting music, and no frantic dance floor,” according to owners Matthew Bongiovi and Vincenzo Rizzo. “Elements is a cool, elegant space where people can hang out.” Key to the sophisticated aesthetic of Elements is the lounge’s unique architectural layout and décor, inspired by the principles of Feng Shui.
Literally translated as “wind-water,” Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice in which a structure or location is chosen or configured to achieve maximum spiritual harmony. “The décor reflects the name of the lounge and each of the elements,” explains Elements designer Jeff Cahill, of Cahill Studios in Eatontown, New Jersey.
Each of the five elements—water, wood, fire, metal, and earth—are powerfully represented in the spectacularly designed yet intimate-feeling, dual-level, 6,700 square foot space. Among the earth-toned décor and architectural highlights patrons can expect to discover at Elements, The Lounge:
And, of course, water! Asked why they chose Sea Bright, New Jersey as their location, Bongiovi and Rizzo name the three golden rules of real estate: “Location, location, location! Elements, The Lounge is located directly opposite the ocean and the site is absolutely spectacular.”
– An 11’ by 18’ waterfall
– Nine specially commissioned oil paintings measuring 9 feet tall
– 10 Sculptures dramatically displayed in shadow boxes throughout the lounge
– Sconces and candles embedded in the lounge’s brick walls casting soft, natural light over the space
– Two upstairs VIP rooms.
– 42” plasma screens located behind the bar and filled with computer-generated imagery reflecting the five elements
– Personal wine lockers for Elements club members