Paris Theater Miami
This amazing Art Deco Theatre was designed by Miami Beach architect Henry Hohauser and opened in 1946. It is located in the South Beach district of Miami Beach (Washington Avenue and 5th Street). In the 1950’s and 60’s they booked mostly RKO and Republic films to play for the general public.
In the 1970’s it became the Paris Theatre, first playing first run mainstream Movies, then eventually switching to Art House Films. In 1992 after sitting empty for a decade, it was given a multi-million dollar renovation and became a video/film production studio which it continues today along with being the premier special event facility in Miami.