· Originally part of the Vancouver Organ Grinder Ltd.
· Brandy’s, Scotland Yard and Delaney’s Old Place under same ownership.
· Later part of the Keg Restaurant Chain, along with the Old Spaghetti Factory.
· The Organ Grinder was famous for its 1200-pipe Wurlitzer organ, played by organist Don Thompson from 1975 to 1982.
· Don Malcolm was the organist from 1982 until the restaurant closed in 1996.
· Peter Hansen was the assistant organist at The Organ Grinder for almost 10 years.
· Esplanade Bier Markt opened in 1999
This is a wonderful, exciting place for kids and adults alike. It features a very large “retired” church organ, which is central and is played continuously during dinner. There are different sights and sounds attached to the organ in each nook and cranny, and there is always something happening. It is not for the quiet set, as it is loud and boisterous, but it’s great fun for the pizza and the pub-grub crowd.