At the heart of Westboro since 1924
Serving the Community:
Standing at the corner of Byron and Churchill Avenues in Ottawa, the Westboro Masonic Hall has witnessed the city grow up around it.
Built in 1924 by the Masons of Ionic and Acacia Lodges, whose names appear proudly embossed in stone on the front of the building, the Hall was used almost exclusively for Masonic Lodge events for many years. In 2008, doors were opened wide to let an enthusiastic community rush in.
Today, the Westboro Masonic Hall serves as home to five Masonic Lodges and an Order of the Eastern Star, a local church, several community, health and fitness, dance, special interest and professional organisations.
The banquet hall, an elegant Victorian ballroom featuring high ornate ceiling with crystal chandelier, splendid draperies and solid hardwood floor, is venue for many large professional musical shows and entertainments. Scores of wedding receptions, private parties, community group and business meetings are also held here every year.